Position: Senior Pastor
Job Type: Full Time
Senior Pastor Role Description
Character – The Senior Pastor of GCC will…
- Demonstrate a clear testimony of faith and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church.
- Exemplify the biblical leadership qualities of an elder/overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-5.
- Maintain a strong devotional life of worship, prayer, and personal study of God’s Word resulting in a deepening spirituality and relationship with Christ.
- Live out and teach a lifestyle of adherence to biblical standards of morality, ethics, and the fruit of the Spirit.
- Accomplish his responsibilities as a shepherd of God’s flock with a spirit of humility, compassion, wisdom, honesty, integrity, and unity as a servant-leader.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, being able to relate to all age groups, keep confidences, and the ability to share his ministry with Associate Pastors and/or Elders as part of a ministry team.
Qualifications – The Senior Pastor of GCC will…
- Fulfill the biblical qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Be able to minister in accordance with the GCC Constitution.
- Demonstrate adequate ministerial training and sound understanding of biblical doctrine and practice.
- Have ordination, and significant pastoral and preaching experience.
- Possess the ability to preach clear, engaging, God-honoring, Gospel-centered biblical expositions with relevant application to all age groups.
- Have a proven track record of committed, compassionate, and effective pastoral oversight.
- Be competent in administrative, managerial, and technological skills.
Responsibilities – The Senior Pastor of GCC will…
- Provide vision, understanding, encouragement, and oversight for the church in the pursuit of its 3-fold purpose.
- Preach God’s Word at worship services and special events of the church.
- Model and encourage prayer in the flock and conduct scheduled prayer meetings of the church and any called for special occasions, needs, and circumstances.
- Teach the Scriptures in large and small group settings as part of the church’s ministry of edification and evangelism.
- Administer the ceremonies and biblical ordinances of the church.
- Serve as moderator of session and board meetings.
- Provide personal, pre-marital, marital, crisis and conflict resolution counseling in a safe and non-intimate setting, being aware of his limitations and referring to professionals when necessary.
- Work with officers and congregants to identify, develop, and organize ministry opportunities for edification and outreach and to build community within the church.
- Identify, motivate, mentor, equip, train, and oversee officers, staff, and volunteers for ministry in the church.
- Provide, facilitate, and organize pastoral care for all within the church.
- Participate in on-going education and training opportunities that will enhance his ministerial understanding and ability.
How to apply
Please email the following to email@example.com
- Resume with references
- Testimony of conversion and, if married, wife’s testimony as well
- Brief account of why you feel led to explore this opportunity
- A brief doctrinal statement (if you have a lengthier one already prepared, please send that)
- Recorded examples of your preaching
<< Return to Cover Letter